Job ID: TAS000057
In December 2014, Devicor® Medical Products, Inc. was acquired by Leica Biosystems, part of the Danaher family of companies. Leica Biosystems is the global leader in anatomic pathology solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients’ lives. The combination of the two companies uniquely positions us to develop integrated patient-to-pathology solutions for the diagnosis of cancer.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world. Mammotome remains committed to its heritage of advancing technology for early detection of breast cancer, providing support and education for clinicians worldwide, and offering breast care information for patients.
Development Engineers are responsible for aspects of complex projects related to product design and development, with focus on manufacturing technologies.
- Provide leadership on a cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process.
- Includes planning and executing projects from concept through the launch and initial production ramp-up.
- Supports and/or leads product changes after launch based on defined needs of the business.
Execute Development Process
- Works closely with other members of the team and suppliers (e.g., component, assembly equipment) to develop products with a focus on manufacturability and assembly.
- Skilled at leading and accomplishing work through others (e.g., suppliers).
- Provides subject matter expertise to the organization across at least one field (e.g., plastics, metals, DFM/A).
- Performs component and assembly evaluations and qualifications and leads development of product and process validation plans and testing.
Prototype and Manufacturability
- Works with manufacturing and suppliers to produce prototypes and leads activities to optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Significantly contributes to aspects of project management including scope definition, scheduling, budgeting, and contingency planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7years related work experiencerequired
- BachelorDegree (BS) in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related field required; advanced degreepreferred
- Medical Device engineering experiencepreferred
- Manufacturing and New Product Development experiencepreferred
- Experience or certification in project management preferred
- Experience with process excellence or a process excellence certification such as Green/Black Belt.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Travel
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time; both domestic and international travel may be required.
- Typical work related travel assignments range 2-5 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required.