The Global Medical Communications Expert - Rare Immunology will contribute to building a best-in-class medical communications organization within Global Medical Affairs at Takeda. She/he will ensure that medical and scientific results from Takeda studies are communicated in an accurate, timely, compliant and compelling manner.
- Develop the Medical Communications Strategy as part of the global medical strategy through implementation and maintenance of a scientific communication platform for assigned brands in collaboration with the medical affairs team, the publications lead and other stakeholders.
- Generate scientific content for internal and external medical communications-related activities such as scientific slide decks, digital assets, etc. for use during internal education, scientific symposia, medical affairs advisory boards, master classes, etc.
- Support congress planning and execution including oversight of content and design for the medical affairs booth, collection and generation of scientific insights, and planning of scientific symposia.
- Provides medical input for approval of promotional materials for global priority products and associated brands in collaboration with the cross functional International CMLR (Commercial-Medical-Legal-Regulatory) team. She/he may also serve as a Medical Approver for the Medical Affairs material review process.
- Lead development of a Scientific Communication Platform and subsequent Core Communication Objectives in collaboration with a cross-function team
- In strategic partnership with the medical affairs team, develop and ensure the implementation of the medical communications plan, leading/supervising activities such as generation of core medical communication documents, supporting the development of medical booths and other congress activities, satellite symposia, educational activities and scientific meetings with external experts.
- Post-congress support including liaising with competitive intelligence and post congress integration of learnings into communication plans
- Develop materials for use by the field medical team�
- Evaluate and recommend speakers for medical communication events
- Develop materials related to publications of critical importance to the company
- Ensure that all medical communication initiatives remain on strategy, within budget, and are executed in a timely mannerParticipate in CMLR meetings as required
- Provide Medical Affairs representation during concept design of materials
- Ensure materials adhere to the International CMLR standards and that data is communicated in an ethical, compliant and accurate manner
- Liaise with global medical affairs colleagues for scientific discussion on specific materials, as needed
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Advanced degree (i.e., MPH, MS, PhD, MD or PharmD) in a biosciences discipline required
- 5 Plus years experience within medical affairs (Medical Scientific Liaison, Medical Information, etc.)
- Direct experience in Medical Communication planning
- Experience interacting with vendors and managing budget
- Prior experience in the therapeutic area of Immunology is highly preferred