Manages a portfolio of Medical clients. Develops and deepens relationships through proactive financial consulting for all clients. Develops overall client strategy to introduce all appropriate financial solutions and STI specialists to the client to deepen client relationships.
Partners with other STI product specialists, including investments, trust, mortgage, insurance, etc, using a team approach to deliver solutions to clients financial needs and enhance existing relationships.
Acquires new clients through targeted prospecting and strong relationships with clients, referral sources, Centers of Influence and Wealth Strategists.
Adheres to STI client segment definitions by facilitating the migration of clients to the appropriate Client Advisor on the team as well as makes referrals of new business opportunities to the appropriate line of business to ensure clients are in the right delivery channel.
Maintains proper licenses including Series 7, Series 66, Life, Health, and Variable insurance licenses. Candidates will have 60 days from their Start Date to transfer, or 100 days from their Start Date to acquire, all of the registrations and licenses required for this position. Ensures that appropriate continuing education requirements are met where needed.
- Undergraduate degree with 7+ years of lending and relationship management experience.
- Demonstrates basic to solid investment knowledge and the ability to deliver basic Financial Planning via Financial Profiles Forecaster software.
- Strong Credit Knowledge to personally deliver standard commercial credit and consumer credit to assigned clients.
- Possesses very strong to excellent Deposit/General Banking knowledge to personally deliver standard bank products such as deposits, credit cards, mortgages, etc to assigned clients per the client relationship plan.
- Has a basic knowledge of all Wealth management products and services, strong consultative and client management skills with the ability to sell a wide range of products and services and very strong Client Service Skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Word, Excel and Power Point skills
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business major
- More than 5 years credit experience
- Solid to excellent knowledge of STI Credit policy
- 5+ years experienceworking with this client segment as a Client Advisor.