DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, the Project Manager manages and coordinates all tasks associated with one or more small-to-large projects or a component of a larger project of minimal to moderate complexity and risk. The Project Manager will report to the Medicaid IT Services PMO Manager. This is an individual contributor position with no responsibilities for human resource management (e.g., hiring, performance management). Candidates must be self-starters and highly motivated. Job Duties:
Follows established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Medicaid IT Services.
- Develops and maintains documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Is responsible for managing and directing the initiation, planning, execution, control, and closeout phases of the project lifecycle for small to large projects.
- Coordinates and manages projects using project management methodologies from inception through completion.
- Develops work plan(s).
- Controls scope and schedule to ensure project deliverables, milestones and required tasks completed as planned and on time.
- Oversees the development and execution of communication plan.
- Prepares status reports and provides updates to project stakeholders, sponsors, champion, etc.
- Identifies potential problems.
- Facilitates problem resolution by determining or recommending and implementing a risk mitigation strategy.
- Possesses ability to build a collaborative and high-performing project team with project resources.
- Works within the structure of Change Management and Release Management to coordinate implementations to the Medicaid System.
- This position may require working more than 40hours per week on an as-needed basis, including weekends.