· 8+ years’ experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties
· 6+ years’ experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules/processes
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong Understanding of State/Commercial Medicaid Claims, Claims Payment Cycle, Waiver Programs and Reference
· Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, program management, project management, and team members.
· Experience and ability to obtain business rules and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents
· Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases. Very Strong proficiency in English is required
The principal duties of this position are to develop and maintain business rules along with associated artifacts such as requirements and models.
· MMIS experience (project or operations)
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Familiar with Agile Methodology as it relates to completing sprints and working on tasks
· Develop business rules and requirements via interviews, translation of governing documents and other means
· Conduct JAD Sessions with the Product Owners and business owners
· Must have experience in performing detailed analysis and creating documentation
· Strong user support and interpersonal skills are required.
· Must have strong analytical skills, the ability to think logically, and must be a self-starter able to research and find solutions independently
· Serve as team expert on Claim Adjudication, Reference, Waiver Programs, Business Rules, Provider Enrollment, MITA 3.0, and related topics
· Assist other team members in performing business rules and requirements
· Research and maintain business rules and requirements