Job ID 641-1
Mathematica Policy Research is a nationally recognized research and consulting organization dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our multi-disciplinary team of health professionals, researchers, data analysts, statisticians, and policy practitioners have conducted many of the most important studies of federal, state, and non-governmental interventions to improve health care delivery and health care financing. We also have supported implementation of large-scale payment reforms and efforts to continuously improve the quality of existing programs through technical assistance, monitoring and feedback systems, and advanced data analytics.
Mathematica is searching for professionals with experience in Medicaid policy and programs at either the state or federal level. In particular, we are looking for individuals who can support current and emerging work across any number of areas related tomonitoring and improving Medicaid programs such as: Value-based purchasing and alternative payment models, enrollment trends, measures of delivery and quality of services for beneficiaries, data analytics, and outcomes of innovative programs and policies. Candidates do not need to have experience in all of these areas but should have substantial experience in at least one of them.
The successful candidate will join our group of over 400 health policy professionals, including staff with degrees in data analytics, public health,public policy, economics,behavioral or social sciences andother relevant disciplines. We offer our employees a stimulating team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Duties of the position:
- Participate actively and thoughtfully in multidisciplinary teams, drawing on your past experience with Medicaid programs
- Help conduct research and technical assistance projects on topics related to state and federal Medicaid policy
- Apply rigorous analytic thinking to the collection and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data, including analysis of Medicaid administrative data and site visits or telephone interviews with state and federal officials
- Bring creative ideas to the development of proposals for new projects
- Author project reports, memos, technical assistance tools, issue briefs, and webinar presentations
- Contribute to the growth, expertise, and institutional knowledge of staff working in the Medicaid area
- 3-8 years of experience working in health policy or health research, with a substantial portion of that time related to some aspect of the Medicaid program atthe state or federal level
- Masters or doctoral degree or equivalent experience in data analytics, public health,public policy, economics,behavioral or social sciences, or other relevant discipline
- Strong foundation in quantitative and/or qualitative methods and a broad understanding of health policy issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain observations and findings to diverse stakeholder audiences including programadministrators and policymakers
- Demonstrated ability to provide task leadership and coordinate the work of multidisciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines