The Media Supervisor oversees media initiatives and is accountable for all aspects of the buying, negotiation, implementation and optimization of Esurance’s campaigns. This position will specifically focus on Digital media – Display, Online Video and Streaming Audio. The Media Supervisor is also responsible for mentoring and supervising media planners/coordinators.
Strategy and Leadership
- Collaborates with Media Director to develop strategic media plans.
- Strategizes ways to most effectively use digital media dollars to meet the annual goals.
- Drives innovation by keeping up with current industry trends.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned Media associates.
- Acts as one of the primary points of contacts for the media agencies.
- Participates in face-to-face vendor meetings to identify new media opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal teams, including Creative, Sponsorships, Public Relations, Production, Analytics and Creative.
- Oversees plan evaluation, negotiation and optimization with vendors.
- Aligns the digital approach across all mediums (display, online video, streaming audio, and social).
- Collaborates with offline counterparts to develop and align strategy.
- Leads the analysis on weekly campaign reports and post reports.
- Approves timelines and handles project management.
- Ensures accurate financial accountability and maintenance on media plans.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and buying digital media, as well as an understanding of how digital data-driven channels contribute to an omni-channel plan
- General understanding of technology stack, including DMP (Demand-Side Platform) and MTA (Multi-Touch Attribution).
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships both internal and external.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and media research tool
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five or more years of media planning (advertising agency or in-house media) experience required.