Motif is looking for an exceptional Media Relations Specialist to generate print, broadcast, and social media coverage that drives brand awareness. You will work with a diverse multidisciplinary team to tell Motif's unique story, and drive its prominence as a financialtechnology disruptor and its role as a leader in investing. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and presentation skills, has strong media relations, is an expert, story teller, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead teams on media relations projects from story angle development to placement
- Pitch client stories to national media
- Maintain solid relationships with media across multiple outlets and beats.
- Quickly build meaningful, sustainable media relationships.
- Identify client stories that are media-worthy and develop solid media pitch angles.
- Write and/or review pitches for account teams.
- Work with teams at the outset of projects to ensure ideas have strong media potential
- Stay on top of trending news and editorial calendars to garner opportunistic PR.
- Continually provide strategic, relevant feedback that can be shared with clients.
- Review team media lists for best/most appropriate contacts.?
- Support the marketing team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Marketing, or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- A minimum of five years’ agency experience with heavy media relations duties
- Strong national consumer media relationships
- Professional experience as a print, TV or online journalist a plus
- Familiarity with Financial Services Industry is a plus