Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as internal and external POC for all directories/surveys/submissions (with the exception of annual firmwide surveys such as ALM).
o Insures timely completion and submission of all relevant submissions and related references.
o Oversees logistics and scheduling for research interviews between attorneys and directory publishers.
o Manages and distributes Directory/Survey/Submissions calendar.
o Produces annual comparison reports of results and rankings.
o Notifies attorneys of rankings and accolades.
o Manages Chambers and Legal500 annual online bios and relevant update.
o Works with Business Development Managers to create, finalize, and keep current all Chambers practice profiles.
- Develops and maintains an online repository for reference in preparing future submissions.
o Fulfills individual, practice, and Firm requests for historical data.
- Secures annual directly listing agreements and prepares updates to all related profile pages and other similar listings.
- Manages PR-related vendors including Meltwater, Cision, etc. and understands and uses each tools’ functionality.
- Researches and drafts news and collateral materials as assigned, including write-ups/successes for the website.
- Works with PR/Media team on attorney awards and nominations process including drafting, editing, and submitting nominations.
o Maintains repository of awards and honorees for future reference.
- Works with Marketing Communications team to post appropriate rankings and accolades to website, intranet, and social media channels.
- Manages and creates all media lists for news distribution.
- Manages scheduling and logistics for Firm photographer in DC for attorney bio photos.
- Handles logistics and assists with preparation for on-site filming and photo shoots.
- Maintains an active knowledge of industry trends and best practices to aid in the department’s marketing communications efforts.
- Attends relevant Legal Marketing and PR events to further knowledge and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or journalism.
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing and/or public relations; strong emphasis on writing, editing, and project management.
- Law firm or professional services firm experience preferred.
- Experience with, working knowledge of legal directories. highly desired.
- Proficient in a range of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Comfortable using a variety of proprietary marketing databases.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in handling several time-sensitive and subject sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing projects is paramount.
- Detail oriented with dedication to follow up.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing deadlines.
- Flexibility for occasional travel and work after hours.