Media Relations Manager
5 - 7 years experience • New Media
A major global Jewish humanitarian organization is seeking a Media Relations Manager for its Global Marketing and Communications Department. Working directly with the Media Director, the manager will help position this organization across the broad spectrum of global media and assist in the daily promotion of the organization’s multi-faceted, multi-lingual aid program in 70 countries worldwide.
The position offers the unique opportunity to get direct experienceresponding to breaking news in an environment operating on the 24/7 news cycle by proactively cultivating media outlets, public figures, and decision makers.
Strong PR skill set, contact list, and knowledge in the above areas, as well as international affairs, Jewish organizational and community life, and global development trends is highly desirable. Flexible schedule and off-hours work required.
What will you do as a Media Relations Manager?
- Draft media releases, media alerts, pitch letters, letters to the editor, op-eds, feature stories, and ad content
- Develop and maintain current media lists
- Maintain online and print clips to inform future strategy and enhance media outreach opportunities
- Create content for social media and online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs, e-newsletters, online advertorials, etc.
- Place and write obituaries
- Develop new and update current materials for press kits
- Travel overseas as needed
- Work nights and weekends as required by the 24/7 news cycle
- Become an expert on the organization’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need to be a Media Relations Manager?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-7years of public relations, public affairs, and/or journalismexperience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of public relations strategy, crisis communications, and related skill sets
- Media contact list commensurate withexperience
- Demonstrated ability and the initiative to produce accurate and well-written documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a variety of people from different countries
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and assimilate information from a variety of sources as well as ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Proficiency in Russian, Hebrew, Spanish, and/or French is a plus, but not a requirement.
What are the compensation and benefits for a Media Relations Manager?
- This a full time, salaried position
- The organization offers a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- PTO, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with employer contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Beverages/snacks in the office
Job Type: Full-time
- New York, NY
- Public Relations: 4years
- Network of Media Contacts: 3years