VML is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
- Leads entire account or account portfolio including integration of other channel partners such as social, SEM, SEO,
- Cross-channel knowledge and collaboration.
- Responsible for fostering relationships with Media clients. Including checking in on agency performance and proactively fixing areas of concern. Escalates as necessary.
- Provides input on media plans during development and before they are final/sent to client, but empowers team to do the heavy lifting, analysis and deck formation.
- Proficient at crafting a strategic direction and KPIs to measure success.
- Participates in new business including leading pitches and RFI completion.
- Embodies and supports department vision including taking part in actively working to achieve department goals.
- Resolves any day to day issues, escalating when necessary.
- Mentors direct reports and creates development plans; has regular one on ones with team members to talk about progress, areas of improvement and give clear direction
- Is proficient at all media channels and in media measurement for each channels.
- Responsible for team communication and ensuring client ready communication.
- Responsible for ensuring media checks/balances are properly functioning and instituted on accounts.
- Must know the purpose of all media tools and when to use them to direct junior staff to actually use them. Does not perform data pulls or analysis on day to day basis.
- Must keep up with industry trends and news and be able to apply industry advancements today to client work and agency expertise.
- Is a key contributor to multi-discipline meetings, lending media expertise and contributing to overall discussion.
- Anticipates client needs and questions and directs team to provide them before client asks.
- Is a role model, champions change and realizes early when something is not working and proactively redirects to another solution.
- Overall, is solution-oriented and keeps a positive outlook.
- Grows from constructive feedback and incorporates into work.
- Able to make decisions and provide team direction quickly to maintain workflow.
- Is an ambassador for VML and the media department in the advertising and media community.
As part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Must be able to craft client presentations in a visual manner that tells a story while conveying necessary media details.
- Is able to think beyond media and contribute to overall business and communication goals discussions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at using media research and planning tools to determine audience size, create proformas, determine audience attributes, etc.
- Demonstrated success with client relationships, team management and media planning.
- Fortitude to stay calm under pressure.
- 7-plus years of experience with media planning — agency and/or client experience
- At least 3 years of experience media planning in an agency environment
- At least 2 years of experience media planning in an integrated agency environment, integrating with creative teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead across multi-office internal agency environment and multi-agency external client engagements
- Strong experience and integration with research/planning and analytics/measurement/optimization
VML is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 1688-236