The Media Director will oversee integrated media strategy, planning and buying for their assigned client. A background in both digital and traditional media planning will set the ideal candidate up for success. The Media Director will manage their team to consistently over-deliver on the execution of client campaigns with a laser focus on the channels and tactics that are driving business outcomes for our clients. This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented, a strong leader, highly motivated, and have an eye on what’s next in the media landscape. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while managing client expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources.
- Oversee all facets of media planning and buying for assigned clients
- Lead a team of channel specialists across digital media, social, search, programmatic and traditional media to effectively plan and buy all program components
- Manage client budgets thoroughly with a dedicated focus on efficient media investment and timely and accurate billing
- Serve as the day-to-day client lead for all assigned pieces of business
- Update AMP senior management on client strengths, opportunities and threats
- Lead development of media and communications strategy for assigned clients
- Oversee buying teams to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Approves the direction of RFPs that help media partners propose innovative solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations
- Demonstrate a tireless focus on your client’s business and their day-today performance
- Approve timelines and collaborate with account service and project management teams on cross-functional accounts
- Ensure digital ad operations are efficient and campaigns launch on time, pace and deliver appropriately
- Proactively research industry, category and client trends and bring innovative ideas to their planning team
- Ensures accurate recording keeping on accounts
- Contribute to the growth of the AMP Integrated Media Capability through organic upsell and agency new business initiatives
- BA in Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with traditional and digital media, including paid social programmatic & digitalpartnerships, preferably in an Agency environment;
- Deep knowledge of paid social and advertising technology ecosystems
- Experience with local broadcast is a plus
- Previous success in the planning, development and management of digital and traditional media campaigns
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions preferred
- Familiarity with data driven media and the ad tech/mar tech landscape
- Ability to analyze data and a deep understanding of media measurement practices,
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven client service orientation with strong written and verbal communication skills, Ability to consistently perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead a multi-faceted team of channel specialists and provide growth opportunities and mentorship to all members of the team
- Proactive collaboration with agency’s senior management
- Passion for keeping up with emerging technologies and the overall marketing landscape
- Some travelrequired, anticipated to be between 10-20% of annual time
- Entrepreneurial – We expect you to think and act Like You Own the Place.
- Collaborative – At the core of this job is an innate desire to Make Everyone Better.
- Smarter – We expect this individual to Be Visionary. S/he should have a passion for the business side of marketing and the ability to apply Wall Street Journal headlines into thoughtful business strategy.
- Ego-free – Check your ego at the door. We expect that this individual can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment without rubbing people the wrong way.
- Results Driven – This individual will be critical to our client’s success. We expect that s/he always bring it back to the results. Our client success is our success.