???We are looking for Med Surg Orthopedic Nurse for our client in Macon GA
Job Title: Med Surg Orthopedic Nurse
Job Location: Macon GA
Job Type: Full Time
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team to deliver quality care in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient?s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient?s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- AssociateDegree or Diploma in Nursing required
- BSN preferred
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS ? AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 1-3Years Acute care experiencepreferred
- Oncology, Chemotherapy Experiencepreferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Read and write basic English
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills