West Point Mill is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with the ability to apply a wide range of design experiences and mechanical engineering expertise to capital projects throughout the mill operations.
How you will impact WestRock:
- By effectively managing large capital projects, this key role significantly impacts our ongoing ability to improve the productivity of the mill.
- Evaluating the performance of mechanical and electromechanical systems to determine best option for replacement.
- Supports and fosters safety and environmental compliance
- Understanding and appreciation for safe designs, safe work practices and safe work environments.
- Implementing capital projects on time and within budget.
- Controlling project costs by developing competitive bid packages, monitoring expenditures, administering contractor contracts, and managing contactors.
- Establishing project schedules by studying project plans and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Responsible for construction oversight during implementation phases of on-site construction
- Collecting and interpreting process data by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies.
What you need to succeed:
- 5-10 years’ experience in Project/Construction Management, Process, and Piping System design.
- Pulp/Paper manufacturing experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of instrumentation, pumping systems, DCS Controls, and combustion systems preferred.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical EngineeringTechnology
- Must possess strong communication and teamwork skills. The ability to achieve results by influencing others and supporting the overall business.
- Ability to prepare projects for Implementation and Construction.
- Project Management during Construction.
What we offer:
·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
·Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
·An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
·A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.