As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the design, development, and test of launch vehicle mechanical systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Responsibility for the design of mechanical subsystems. Includes development of 3-D models, kinematic modeling, assembly & detail drawings, interface control documents, part procurement, system test and manufacturing support.
- Responsibility for subsystem project management of cost, schedule and performance
- Responsible for development of conceptual designs and conduct of trade studies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience designing Aerospace or equivalent type mechanical system elements within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D modeling tools (CREO preferred).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience in Spacecraft Separation Systems design
- Experience in Creo (Pro-E) kinematic mechanism design or other mechanism analysis tools
- Experience in primary flight control actuator design
- Experience in aerospace deployable devices design such as doors, landing gear or sensors.
- Experience in aerospace hydraulic system component design or system architecture design
- Experience in structural FEA using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools.