Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeing’s innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety, security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system.
The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAF’s nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systems infrastructure. The program will be starting under a three year Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract that will mature our design through PDR.
GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the lifecycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised of contracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and GBSD the Minuteman III replacement system. Our vast portfolio provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career.
• As a mechanical engineer, you’ll participate in all aspects of requirements definition, design review, structural design, and integration and test.
• Lead and provide technical quality review of the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid systems and thermal environment to establish the system design
• Lead activities to validate and verify mechanical systems requirements;
• Lead the development, maintenance or modification of system components' designs/proposals to provide installation and detail documentation;
• Manage supplier development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals;
• Prioritize, delegate and track performance and documentation of analyses of mechanisms/ordnance components and systems selecting appropriate methods to validate or assess the design;
• Support proposal preparation and new business development efforts;
• Train and coach others & work under minimal direction.
Additional duties include:
• Lead development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design;
• Coordinate with otherengineering groups to establish the product's environment;
• Guide product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance;
• Lead development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications;
• Define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied;
• Support in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements;
• Develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Prefer experience with:
- ICBM Programs
- Silo based missile systems
- Nuclear weapons experience
Job ID 1700009080