Our establishment in Gatineau (Quebec, Canada) is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Mechanical Supervisor. This is a permanent full-time position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You must ensure that health and safety, productivity, quality and environmental standards are met.
- You plan, organize and manage a work team whose mission is to ensure the good working condition of the equipment.
- You must promote interdepartmental collaboration between work teams in order to ensure the proper functioning of the plant, you will put your skills to work in improving the systems already in place and in solving problems.
- You will also have to use your coaching skills to help the technical development of workers.
- Your role requires you to work alternating on-call periods and to be available at atypical times for emergency or planned stops.
- Be recognized as someone safe
- At least a technical training in the field of mechanics (DEP, DEC or BAC)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Dynamic, autonomous, good communicator, you have a sense of priorities, have excellent teamwork skills, promote delegation and recognize the results achieved.
- Knowledge of the pulp and paper industry
- Have worked in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of SAP software.