Mechanical Supervisor / Planner
We seek a dedicated individual who, reporting to the Facility Manager, will be responsible for the overall management of facility maintenance activities. This includes long term planning & scheduling of all maintenance activities on boilers, turbines and associated equipment. The individual will direct work on all daily and long term maintenance activities including prioritizing work activities, preventive maintenance scheduling and plant preservation projects. The individual must possess the ability to create an environment that empowers employees to drive change and improve systems.
1. High School Diploma/GED is required. Engineering degree preferred. Minimum 7 years in power plant maintenance including: NBIC Boiler code work, ASME Power piping, job setup and execution planning, job cost and time estimating, electrical and I/C cost and time estimating a plus.
2. Computer software experience such as Excel, Word, power point, Microsoft project and data management software including People Soft.
3. Experience and ability to supervise non-exempt personnel directly.
4. Desire and ability to provide leadership to peer supervisors for daily and routine work direction.
5. Desire and ability to mediate conflicting priorities among maintenance department personnel and between operations and maintenance departments. 6. Working knowledge of pumps, valves, conveyor systems, air compressors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, alignment, and rigging and have a sound mechanical aptitude.
Handle and adjust manpower scheduling as the needs arise for the facility changes.
•Must be able to wear a full face respirator and perform physical activities while wearing the respirator.
•Must be able to do a considerable amount of walking, kneeling or squatting, standing, and climbing to the various levels of the plant.
•May have to assist in lifting and/or performing repairs to equipment.
•Will have to enter the boilers, with or without scaffolding, to inspect boilers and check the status of work being performed Must be able to QA/QC completed work.