Mechanical Design Engineer needed to develop solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation while working according to established guidelines in the Flight Test Engineering Instrumentation Design Organization.
- Apply engineering knowledge of mechanical systems to design flight test rack, water barrel, external camera, pressure belt, trailing cone winch installations, data system routings throughout the airplane, measurement sub-systems and transducer mountings, and other data acquisition systems using CATIA 5, PDM and Enovia for flight test airplanes.
- Aid in the standardization of design processes using LEAN tools.
- Exercise broad latitude in determining technical solutions.
- Design test hardware, and systems to achieve test requirements.
- Use analytical tools to verify the design.
- Support the development of engineering processes, methods, and tools.
- Make routine contacts with customers, teaming partners, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Use project management techniques to coordinate plans and schedules with the customers and management.
- Knowledge of airplane configuration and test installations for flight test is desired.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
3 or more years of experience with flight test mechanical design processes.
Bachelors of Science degree or higher is required.
5 or more years of mechanical design/drafting experience is required.