At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Mechanical/Structural Design Engineer 3
- · Analyze and design changes and upgrades to nuclear power plant systems, structures and components including, power block buildings, equipment foundations, distribution system supports and miscellaneous specialty structures. This includes qualification of these items for normal operating loads and the extreme loads required by industry and regulatory guidance.
- · Possess a working knowledge of civil/structural standards and regulatory guidance applicable to the commercial nuclear power industry (e.g., the Standard review Plan and associated Regulatory Guides, UBC, AISC, ACI, IEEE 344).
- · Prepare structural specifications for purchasing materials or pre-engineered structures.
- · Perform detailed design calculations and evaluations to support plant changes and assessments of degraded structures. These include analysis of building structures, equipment anchorage, distribution system supports (i.e., piping, cable tray, conduit, HVAC ductwork, etc.). It also includes rigging evaluations, assessment of buried commodities beneath heavy equipment haul paths, and seismic qualification of electrical components in accordance with IEEE 344.
- · Possess proficiency with analytical software tools such as: ANSYS, STRUDL, SAP, MATHCAD; Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- · Have the capability to interpret and prepare technical drawings, including reinforced concrete and structural steel building drawings, and distribution system routing and support drawings.
- · Oversee contracted engineering tasks and act as the lead responsible engineer on structural projects.
- · Interface with other affected disciplines and departments during the design change process and incorporate their input into structural design changes.
- · Perform Maintenance Rule condition monitoring inspections of structures and structural elements in accordance with 10CFR50.56
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget while maintaining accountability for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work
Position Level: It can be Level 3 (senior Engineer) or Level 4 (Senior Staff engineer) based on the Experience and and/or Skills.
- B. S. in Engineering or equivalent Technical degree
- Minimum of 6 years experience
- 6 or more years' solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Individual Contributor competencies, with demonstration of FLS competencies
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Note - Qualified candidates are required to work at one of our sites.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.