The Opportunity | Mechanical Stress Analyst
Curtiss-Wright's EMD unit is seeking a Mechanical Stress Analyst for our Structural and Thermal Analytical Engineering Group in Cheswick, PA.
- Analysis of pressure vessels, bolted joints, structural components and fasteners
- ASME Code Analysis and analysis to other pressure vessel and engineering codes, specially ASME code fatigue (NB-3000)
- Brittle fracture analysis, fatigue analysis, and other advanced mechanical analysis of nuclear grade equipment for commercial and government applications
- Must be able to obatin Government Security Clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Advanced Degree is a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of related stress analysis engineering work
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis
- Adeptness with hand calculations for stress analysis
- Experience with ASME Code Analysis and analysis to other codes
- Experience with ANSYS and APDL
- Commercial nuclear industry design and analysis experience in particular with pressure vessels
- Licensed Professional Engineer is an asset
What We Offer at Curtiss-Wright
Challenging Work - The work we do at Curtiss-Wright is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
Independence -- At Curtiss-Wright, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to work on the most advanced technology in our industry.
A Collaborative Environment -- The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver some of the most advanced solutions to our customers.
Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive pay, health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations. Curtiss-Wright is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, MF/D/V.