We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join our Duluth, Georgia team. The successful candidate will be an energetic, motivated, growth oriented professional with an ability to work independently as well as lead multi-disciplined project teams. You will have the ability to mentor junior staff and will be responsible for directly supporting clients. You will interface with clients to understand their process, utility and packaging technology design requirements and develop solutions tailored to their application from conceptual design, through detail engineering and start up. There will also be an opportunity to actively participate in our internal employee focused committees as well as in Woodard & Curran’s career pathing programs.
What’s in it for You:
- External Association and Committee involvement is encouraged and financially supported.
- Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
- Strong bonus potential.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Work with internationally recognized clients.
- Preparing engineering analysis of projects, including preliminary design, calculations, life cycle cost, capital installation costs, and equipment selection.
- Conducting site surveys/audits to gather field data; preparing and interpreting drawings (block flow, layouts, piping and instrumentation, routing, and sections/details).
- Preparing project specifications.
- Managing design document creation process; managing project issues, budgets, and schedules.
- Reviewing and critiquing proposed changes to engineering designs, policies, or details.
- Meeting with client’s representatives, contractors, other engineering design firms, and plant personnel concerning project execution.
- Performing work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, materials compatibility and difficult coordination requirements.
- Coordinating activities of the design discipline and construction team.
- Performing 1-4 month national and international field assignments to provide key construction oversight and/or startup commissioning and Original Equipment Manufacturing and Factory Acceptance Tests.
- This position requires frequent travel to client sites in the United States and internationally and overnight stays for the duration of the project assignment, typically 1-2 weeks.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 5-10 years’ previous experience with processing and packaging design for the food and beverage industry, including demonstrated ability to perform project analysis and meet with client’s representatives, contractors, other engineering design firms, and plant personnel concerning project execution.
- Previous experience must include field assignments to provide construction oversight and startup commissioning and Original Equipment Manufacturing and Factory Acceptance Tests.