Excellent opportunity for a team oriented Senior Mechanical Engineer with a detailed knowledge of the coordination requirements between architectural, structural, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and specialty piping system designs for healthcare, scientific and commercial projects. An emphasis will be placed on previous design experience in healthcare, biosafety and clinical laboratory facilities. Experience in DoD Facilities considered a plus.
The successful candidate will serve as the Senior Mechanical Engineer on a wide variety of new and renovation projects, managing a local staff of mechanical and plumbing engineers, designers, and technicians.
Responsibilities include production of complete and accurate designs for new and renovation projects, active participation with a design team to produce conceptual designs through final construction documents including narratives, detailed working drawings, construction specifications and cost estimates. Candidate will also participate in design review meetings, quality control reviews, interdisciplinary coordination checks and resource management. Professional sealing of all production efforts will be required.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 8 years of experience in the design of building heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Georgia preferred
• Experience in Revit Products and Building Information Modeling software are required.
• Ability and knowledge to assume the management and oversight of plumbing and piping systems design.
• LEED accreditation is desired but not required.
• Successful candidate must have excellent communication and technical writing skills.