Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer for our $300M project in Elk Grove, California. This project is an expansion of Sacramento County’s already existing Regional Waste Water Treatment Plant. Balfour Beatty’s scope of work includes extensive structural and mechanical improvements through the addition of a Tertiary Treatment Facility.
As the Mechanical Project Engineer, you will assist the Project Manager and Project Superintendent with both short term and long term planning and the daily execution of the construction project. You will be responsible for confirming the correctness of the project schedule as it pertains to mechanical work assigned to you by the project manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, preparing and coordinating work packages with field operations, coordinating the timely delivery of material, and maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Ensure that all work is planned ahead of time with safety in mind.
- Assist project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling costs, identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and schedule completion.
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the superintendent.
- Serve as onsite quality manager and enforce quality standards on assigned subcontractors ensuring that their work complies with the contract requirements, assisted by field engineers.
- Generate and distribute proposal change documents to Subcontractors/Suppliers and assist in collecting pricing and/or prepare change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Ensure all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs etc. are updated on the “as-built” drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all assigned subcontractors/suppliers.
- Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors/suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
- Assist startup manager in compiling assigned vendor and subcontractor startup forms in a timely manner prior to and during startup.
- Act in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and employees, while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations as economically as possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management or related field
- Experience organizing people, tools and equipment. Plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- 5+ years’ treatment plant construction experience
- Some working knowledge of Autocad, any Revit experience, or P6 experience a plus