Mechanical Product Engineer
VISION: Hands-on mechanical design and product development. Profitable and expanding business unit that has averaged over 10% annual growth in last two years; the company is proactive and reinvesting in employees, infrastructure, and customer care. This opening is due to significant business expansion. The Engineering Director is a mentor and encourages personal development and empowers employees to make a difference. Leadership values work/life balance.
OPPORTUNITY: The business is expanding its Connecticut operations and moving additional product lines into the area in 2017. Reporting to the Engineering Director, you will partner with internal and external stakeholders to support existing production, new product development, and future growth. Key elements of the role are:
- Mechanical Design & Product Development
- Develop product requirements analysis and specification
- Project planning and scheduling
- Detailed design and layout; CAD modeling
- Prototyping including fabrication and testing.
- Product Support
- Provide occasional field service support and technical training for installation, operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation
- Engineering Support Services
- Produce and manage engineering change orders, control drawings, BOMs
- Support manufacturing; help identify issues and corrective actions on production line.
REQUIREMENTS: BS Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent is required; 4+ years of experience in a product development / manufacturing environment. Current proficiency with 3D CAD packages. Ability to operate basic machine shop equipment would be a plus. Strong candidates should have experience with a variety of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, injection molding, and/or packaging.
REWARD: $75,000 to $90,000 depending on experience, excellent benefits, mentoring, and a great culture.