Big! Yellow! Complex! Equipment!
At Harsco Rail, you will have the opportunity to engineer highly complex heavy mobile equipment from concept through reality. We are the leading provider tothe Rail industry with technically advanced equipment that improves safety and efficiency around the world. Join our team of 20 Mechanical Engineers; part of a global team of over 100 engineers in this design-driven environment.
As Mechanical Product Engineer, you will engineer, design, document, and support both standard and custom rail maintenance equipment and functional systems.
Work in a global, diverse team environment to lead the creation of complex systems designs and integrate them into a cohesive vehicle architecture
- Perform engineering calculations, concept design, structural design and selection of critical components to meet customer needs and regulatory requirements on standard equipment, ETO equipment or in the development of our next generation of products or equipment (NPD).
- Responsible for supporting design and documenting of system level requirements and test plans
- Support system level target manufacturing cost objectives
- Support system integration into the vehicle
- Support system and component level DFMEAs
- Manage technical documentation for production-ready 3D CAD models of sub-assemblies and mechanical components with 2D production prints
- Offer innovative solutions for cost reductions, quality issues, safety issues, etc.
- Offer innovative solutions to technically complex problems
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization on equipment or products
You will travel by commercial airline and automobile approximately 10% of the time to support field applications and/or manufacturing.
Domestic (U.S.) relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- 7 or more years of heavy equipment product engineering experience
- Experience engineering complex equipment for a low volume/high mix manufacturing company
- Experience with PLM software; Teamcenter experience ideal.
- Experience with 3D CAD package; Solid Edge experience ideal.
- Experience in machine design of heavy mobile equipment
- Knowledge of welding principles and practices
- Knowledge of ferrous materials' properties and characteristics
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
- Knowledge of power systems, electrical controls, hydraulic systems, mechanical structures, and/or FEA
- Knowledge of DFM, DFA, Design to Cost
- Basic knowledge of Railroad-specific standards and design practices
- Experience creating and maintaining BOM's
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma
- You'll enjoy working in a highly matrixed manufacturing environment with a variety of people and will be able to communicate complex technical information effectively to any audience.
- If you have the Basic Qualifications and are a highly motivated engineer that is looking to join a great team, apply today (it is a quick and easy process)! If you have trouble viewing the page, please try another browser – this site is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
- Harsco Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.