Mechanical Product Development Engineer
Our client, with a facility in Omaha, NE is a global leader in their industry and due to recent growth is looking to add a dynamic Mechanical Product Development Engineer to their team.
What you will be doing
- Manage the design, development, and testing of mechanical and electrical products from concept to completion for bespoke customer applications.
- Solicits input from internal and external customers to better understand the solution's requirements and ensures that designs meet such requirements.
- Carries out all activities related to custom engineered solution development including, but not limited to, designing, modeling, prototyping, and testing.
- Coordinates drafting and drawing development activities with the Development and Sustaining teams.
- Supports research and development activities; creates appropriate designs of experiments, fixturing and assemblies for testing, provides feedback concerning test results.
- Supports new product launch activities and coordinates product line transitions from the Product Development team, Special Projects team, and Engineering & Customization team.
- Performs design validation and verification of solutions as required to assure specifications are met. Completes mathematical analysis of new designs to assure compliance prior to testing or manufacturing.
What you will need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Experience with research and development product design, prototyping, and validation. Setting up a design of experiments to develop empirical knowledge, iterate prototype designs, and validate system designs to assure satisfactory system performance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 3D Design experience