Mechanical Process Engineer
Our client located in Michigan City, IN is a dynamic and rapidly growing publicly traded manufacturing company who has become a recognized leader in their space. To continue their growth, they are seeking a Mechanical Process Engineer to join their team!
What you will be doing?
- Designs, develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, 2 materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Reviews new product plans and identifies or designs equipment and tooling needs in coordination with Design Engineers.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment. Champions and implements cost-savings projects Creates routings for new products/processes. Designs tooling and fixtures to ensure efficient production methods.
- Coordinates building of tooling/fixtures with outside suppliers. Responsible for process development/process FMEAs Provides technical support to production Responsible for PPAP reviews/approvals (outside of new design par
What you will need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology and 5+ years related engineering experience or the equivalent in combined education/experience.
- In-depth understanding of "Lean Manufacturing" principles and "Built in Quality"
- working experience developing & sustaining automated solutions.
- Experience or equivalent education with and troubleshooting of PLC Ladder Logic preferred.
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study and process balancing Fluency with CAD and Solid Modeling programs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point to communicate precise information.
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.