Mechanical Piping Designer
The Mechanical Piping Designer is responsible for producing piping and equipment layouts for various projects, complying with drawing standards and accepted industry practices. Review industry and customer specifications to ensure accuracy and compliance. Provide technical support for the engineering, field service, aftermarket and sales departments. The designer will perform mechanical design including: 2D and 3D piping, P&ID’s, PFD’s, equipment layouts, and setting up BOM’s. A Mechanical Piping Designer must have good communication, organization, leadership skills and the ability to work well in a timely manner with other design disciplines and customers. Work under minimal supervision; reports to the Engineering Manager.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce complete drawing packages using AutoCAD and Inventor.
• Provide a variety of engineering analysis in order to validate designs.
• Participate in design reviews.
• Review and check design drawings and vendor shop drawings.
• Assist the Sales & Aftermarket departments with estimating project costs.
1. Necessary Requirements
• Requires an Associate’s degree in Engineering or technical field.
o Will consider applicable or related experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 3-5years of experience in piping design.
• Minimum of two (2) years of industrialhydraulicexperience as well as basic mechanical skills.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience using AutoCAD.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience using 3D modeling software.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the piping field.
2. Optional Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Experience using Autodesk Inventor 3D modeling software.
• Experience with capital equipment.
• Experience within the steel industry.