Georgia Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals for their Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer opportunity to support our Lexington, KY Dixie® consumer products manufacturing operation.
The Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities.
Come join the Lexington Dixie® team! It is no secret that Lexington, KY is known for being the “Horse Capital of the World”. Here you can enjoy the Kentucky Horse Park, museums and galleries – horse and non-horse related; along with fine dining, shopping and attractions that will take you through the scenic beauty of horse country, historic sites, hiking & camping at Red River Gorge, boating & watersports on Lake Cumberland, Cave Run and Herrington Lake, and of course the famous Kentucky Bourbon distilleries.
Enjoy the magnificence of the covered bridges, fall foliage, summer drives, garden tours and all their natural wonders - and of course, the University of Kentucky sports! With convenient access to Louisville and Cincinnati, here, you can take advantage of all the big city perks with a small-town feel.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Plant specialist for Paper Converting (90%) and Plastics Thermoforming Operations (10%)
- Support maintenance activities by developing, implementing and monitoring asset strategies for production equipment.
- Identify and address improvement opportunities in the manufacturing processes and equipment; including risk reduction, quality improvement, waste reduction and productivity.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis of manufacturing processes and equipment issues.
- Lead raw materials trials to evaluate performance and cost improvement opportunities.
- Plant streamlining and optimization as well as standardize work.
- Direct Lead Technicians in reliability and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead management of change activities as required.
- Develop and lead equipment modification, installation and start up activities.
- Prepare project justification and benefits analysis.
- Lead onsite resources as well as contractor teams to deliver required work according to project needs.
- Specify modifications to process equipment.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or technical field OR engineering experience or certification in a military environment
- 5year experience applying reliability concepts and developing technician knowledge and skill within a manufacturing environment
- Experience driving improvements in operator-technician hazard awareness and risk reduction
- Experience using 2D and 3D CAD program
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience working in a mechanical engineering or mechanical maintenance role within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Experience with paper converting equipment.
- Previous training in maintenance/reliability systems.
- Project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.