We are currently seeking a Reliability Mechanical Specialist who will be based at our Suffield, CT location. This position will report to the Reliability Center Superintendent and will work with the USIG Reliability team and other corporate/regional/plant personnel to achieve strategic and tactical reliability goals.
The overall objective of the Mechanical Reliability Specialist is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Mechanical Reliability Specialist will be responsible for the execution of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for rotating and mechanical systems and equipment in multiple facilities including Air Separation, CO2 and Hydrogen facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform major equipment installation, maintenance, overhauls and inspections - including corrective, preventative or predictive work - of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment including
- Centrifugal, Reciprocating and Screw Compressors
- Centrifugal and positive displacement Pumps
- Synchronous and Induction Motors
- High-speed Gearboxes
- Heat Exchangers, Cryogenic Interchangers, Chillers and Cooling Towers
- Piping systems and other related process equipment.
- Provide on-site or remote technical support and direction to sites in the region.
- Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of mechanical work.
- Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors).
- Support root cause analysis program for major failures.
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
- Work independently and make decisions based on full awareness of cost and other benefits.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 30% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of mechanical and rotating systems and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting, inspection and repairs of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment such as Compressors, Turbines, Blowers and Heat Exchangers.
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment.
- Proven ability to use all precision measuring devices and perform precision alignment on multi-train equipment.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks, achieves results with minimal supervision and possesses excellent documentation and record-keeping skills.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Proven experience in computerized maintenance management systems.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Successful completion of a 4-year machinist/ millwright apprenticeship program.
- Proven hands-on experience in vibration analysis and dynamic balancing.
- Proven experience in EAM CMMS system.
- Proven familiarity with standard reliability and maintenance strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts inventory management.