Mechanical Maintenance Manager is responsible for improving mechanical reliability and reducing unplanned downtime of the plant, managing predictive and preventive maintenance programs, overseeing time and material projects, managing contractors, managing work order schedules, analyzing failure codes, deciding critical parts, and managing spare parts. Is also responsible for ensuring compliance with the relevant equipment specifications, applicable codes, and construction standards for equipment installation and operations.
Must be able to
? Implement/refine Maintenance Programs (RBI Inspections, Testing, PM?s, Procedures, etc.) for all Plant equipment to improve Plant Reliability
? Assess equipment failure (including Root Cause Analysis), develop work scopes, and facilitate repairs and improvements.
? Research, develop, implement, and oversee PSM Mechanical Integrity programs that ensure compliance.
? Understand all aspects of fixed and rotating equipment, metallurgy, lubrication requirements, alignment, vibration analysis, etc.
? Coordinate repairs, routine maintenance, and PM activities for Plant shutdowns (including procuring and managing contractors).
? Understand and follow ASME and API guidelines.
? Propose, develop, and lead plant capital projects to improve plant reliability, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Reliability/Mechanical Integrity Engineer
- Planner/Scheduler Supervisor
- Mechanical Specialist
- Three maintenance mechanics and about eight contractors
- Mechanical Engineering degree with at least 10 years of maintenance experience in a petrochemical plant.
- Strongly committed to safety and environmental management
- Knowledgeable regarding rotating equipment, chillers, pumps, rotary valves, air compressors
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Experienced in Process Safety Management systems
- Experienced in HazOp and Hazard Analysis techniques.
- Strong computer skills a plus, especially working with relational databases
- Project Management software experience and use
- Working knowledge of instrument and electrical and electrical power distribution