Commercial Metals Company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Maintenance team at our new steel micro mill in Durant, OK! The primary role of the Mechanical Engineer is to provide support to the organization and its people through various initiatives to continually improve the manufacturing process as well as develop and implement capital planning, construction, plant equipment design, procurement, and other essential functions of project management. The Mechanical Engineer will also provide input into planning and schedule preventative maintenance while keeping a safety first mindset in performing these and all other job responsibilities. This position will work primarily Monday through Friday on a day shift, with occasional weekend and night shifts when necessary.
Essential Functions andResponsibilities
• Responsible for the safe design, procurement, installation, and troubleshooting of the plant processing equipment, as well as facilitate production process improvement initiatives.
• Support production needs as necessary for equipment operation and reliability.
• Capital budgeting to include evaluating short and long term capital needs of facility, designing projects, writing project specifications, preparing project budgets, time lines, and procuring documentation for project components, and analyzing expected project benefits.
• Preparation of mechanical drawings, details, and performing field inspections.
• May coordinate activities between contractors and plant operations during construction projects.
Experienceand Skill Requirements
• Thorough understanding of preventive maintenance principles, technologies, and associated tools (prior certifications in Infrared Thermography and Vibration Analysis preferred).
• Computer skills: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, computerized document management systems, internet, AutoCAD, Inventor, and SAP. Experience with finite element analysis software (FEA) is a plus.
• Technical skills: in depth understanding of machinery and maintenance techniques, ability to read blueprints and schematics, with strong mechanical aptitude.
• Project Management: Proven ability to work within project scope and budget.
• Communication skills: ability to communicate both in oral and written forms in a manner that conveys understanding of highly technical information and requirements.
• 5-years of experience in manufacturing or other similar industry.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering required, with Mechanical emphasis preferred.