The Autonomous Maritime & Mission Systems (AM&MS) business area is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support the development of subsea mechanical systems including structures, robotic mechanisms, electro-mechanical & hydraulic powered actuation systems for Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs), Payloads, and associated equipment.
• Assist in the generation of detailed designs & performance of detailed structural analysis and will communicate the information to the lead engineer.
• Assist in material selection, mechanism design and structures design. Assist with the integration & testing the mechanical systems.
• Assist with resolving issues & provide innovative solutions to challenges in the system's environment.
Additional roles and responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of analysis/engineering gate review packages, modeling, developing drawings using CATIA
• Analyze customer/system requirements to develop basic architectural approaches/detailed specifications for various products, Develop high-level, detailed designs consistent with requirements/specifications. Validate designs through various methods of review/test/analysis.
• Support supplier management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services of limited scope.
• Provide engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
• Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS/SCI).
Please list clearance level on your resume. (Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Worked in an Agile Environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Knowledge of electronic interfaces
• Knowledge of equipment environmental requirements
• Facilitated Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) with engineers
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.