Walsh is currently seeking a Mechanical Estimator for our Building Division in Chicago, IL.
The Mechanical Estimator will prepare estimates for mechanical work (Fire Protection, Plumbing, HVAC, and Building Automation Systems) for large Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Transportation projects.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Specification and project drawing review and analysis.
- Quantity takeoff and pricing of labor, materials, and equipment for comprehensive bid or budget proposals.
- Evaluate and compare self-perform pricing versus subcontractor quotations.
- Evaluate material quotations for compliance to specifications.
- Develop cost savings strategies towards execution of the work.
- Presentation and substantiation of estimates internally and/or externally with clients, design engineers, or venture partners.
- Assist Chief/Lead estimators with preparation of all documentation of full bid solicitation and pricing proposal.
- Develop and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or related and 5+ years previous experience in mechanical work; 3 years of which includes relevant full time estimating duties