The Senior Mechanical Engineer Technical Lead provides project management and mechanical technical support to the product supply organization. Responsibilities include delivering on project objectives, providing technical and project management guidance to others, and leading and/or contributing to continuous improvement strategic initiatives focused on improving team and company performance. This individual is a recognized mechanical technical expert, possesses high standards of professional performance, and demonstrates both personal and organizational sensitivity. The role communicates directly with project sponsors and/or leaders in defining project scope and providing project status updates. The Mechanical Engineering Technical Leader reports to the Associate Director of Capital Engineering and receives direction in the form of broad project and initiative objectives.
- Provides leadership and collaboration within a cross functional team during the execution of projects.
- Serves as either the project leader or team member on one or more projects.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
- Prepares and manages budgets and schedules related to projects.
- Effectively achieves results that meet business and individual objectives.
- Provides mechanical technical expertise in the design, development, and construction of production processes and equipment as well as providing guidance in these areas to others within the organization.
- Leads or contributes to one or more strategic initiatives to drive continuous improvement of team and company performance.
- Completes all work in a safe manner consistent with Halyard safety & quality protocols.
- Works with multiple external partners (i.e. Engineering Service Providers, Equipment vendors, etc.)
- Is flexible on work hours and travel required to support global customers.
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering or a related major scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience and continuing self-development, and/or progress toward advanced degree in related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a variety of staff and plant technical assignments.
- Project management experience.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required time frames.
- Job requires 25% travel on average and 75%+ in peak project work load periods or during a manufacturing or supply crisis.
- International travel is required.