Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Supervisor to be part of our New Product Development Leadership Team (NPD). In this role, the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor will utilize their strong mix of leadership, technical and project management skills to aggressively lead/supervise a team within the NPD department. This includes supervisory responsibilities of mechanical engineering resources and direct project managementresponsibilities of small/mid-size scaled projects. This person will foster a positive team environment that focuses on communication and collaboration with all other company functions – product management, marketing, operations, finance, supply chain, sales, quality and customers. We are customer centric, developing new innovative products, and require an enthusiastic/dedicated leader to help us realize our strategic initiatives. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
While this position will start at our facility in Sanford, NC, the Pentair team is expanding. Due to our growth we are commissioning a new state of the art facility. Situated in the Apex Pinnacle Business Park, this new facility will house a total of 50,000sqft combined office and lab space. The Innovation Center will serve a global role in the Pentair product development strategy and mission; enabling our team to design, prototype, & test products in all stages of the development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises a subset of the NPD Mechanical Engineering team’s daily activities.
- Drives the team to meet or exceed delivery, cost, performance, and quality goals.
- Coaches and mentors your team to their full potential.
- Ensures accurate project schedules are created and maintained.
- Provides direct project management leadership on small/mid-sized NPD projects.
- Ensures cross-functional meetings, design reviews and launch reviews are conducted to accomplish end goals.
- Ensures completeness and quality of work on all NPD projects.
- Works with the leadership team and peers to continually improve Pentair’s 3D NPD process.
- Is a technical Voice of the Customer driving team members to become VOC experts for their respective products.
- Encourages NPD team members to investigate new technologies and conceptualize/develop new product ideas.
- Advocates and facilitates the development and protection of intellectual property.
- Assists in developing and maintaining annual project and resource plans.
- Assists in generating and maintaining expense and capital budgets for the department.
- Supports generating recruiting/staffing requirements to meet NPD department goals.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- MBA or advanced technical degree is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable.
- 7+ years leading cross-functional project teams.
- 5+ years of mechanicaldesignexperience in a high volume production, product development environment.
- Experience in a management/supervisor role preferred.
- Knowledge of product design and new product development stage gate processes.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, fluid flow, gear designmechanical systems and thermal and stress analysis.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an understanding of basic lean principles.
- Working knowledge of development tools – QFD, DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, PPAP’s
- Highly detail oriented, organized, innovative and organizationally agile individual preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Need for flexible domestic and international travel according to business necessity.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.