About the Company
Crane Aerospace & Electronics combines the experience of long-time industry leaders to supply critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. Our products are found in some of the most demanding environments, from engines to landing gear, from satellites to medical implants, and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
About the Opportunity
Build your career here and experience the advantages that come with working for one of the most respected names in the Aerospace industry. Crane Aerospace & Electronics leverages the skills and experience of all employees. The work environment is fast-paced, and high-energy. You'll work side-by-side with people you can trust and respect.
The Manager of Mechanical Engineering holds leadership responsibility for a team tasked to provide Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Design support to new product development, including thermal / FEA and vibration analysis, and sustaining product support. The manager ensures standard designs, methodologies, and tools & processes are used throughout. Ensures experienced and trained mechanical engineers and designers are available to support projects within the Electronic Power Systems group. The manager is also responsible for the Materials and Process Engineers and ensuring that site manufacturing and engineering development issues are addressed timely.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
· Manage and lead mechanicalengineering teams to support product development and sustaining needs.
· Ensure teams deliver designs per Crane processes, design standards and industry best practices while working within program costs and schedules.
· Oversee and drive continuous improvement with library of design lessons learned, best practices and customer and internal design deliverable guidance.
· Drive, develop, enhance and apply standardization and standard solutions.
· Ensure that employee development and evaluation plans are implemented to maximize employee potential including accountability, appropriate training and development plans and regular performance feedback.
· Understand program resources needs to identify, manage and prioritize required resources and skills mixes while maintaining resource levels within appropriate budget categories.
· Oversee team’s design verification and validation activities in accordance with industry and company standards, including all necessary design and verification documentation as required.
· Identify hardware equipment design and fabrication outsourcing opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality and delivery for engineering efforts.
· Work with engineering team to provide best available estimates for development and recurring costs of new product development program proposals and in support of program baselines.
· Identify and manage contract personnel as needed during periods of high need/short-term resource loading requirements.
· Provide necessary support for preparation of business proposals and/or business capture plans and strategies.
· Experience : Requires 10 years of related industry experience including 5 years of Project/People managerial experience. Aerospace experiencepreferred.
· Knowledge: Familiar with a variety of the field's (Aerospace, Mechanical, Design, etc) concepts, practices, and procedures. Strong process knowledge and understanding of both product and test equipment development. Engineering and Technology, Mathematics, English, Design, Physics, Telecommunications, Production and Processing.
· Skills: Leadership, Planning, Organizing, Critical Thinking, Complex Problem Solving, Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making, Analysis, Oral and Written Presentation Skills in English, Multi-Tasking, Project Management, Active Listening, Troubleshooting, Reading Comprehension, Active Learning, Systems Analysis, Judgment and Decision Making, Time Management.
· Education / Certification: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical discipline.
· Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.