Eaton's eMobility Division is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Design Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR location.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people's lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton's eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment. Position Overview:
The Mechanical Engineering Design Specialist will conceptualize, manage the design, development, testing, technical documentation, and launch of new products and extensions to existing product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.In this function you will:
- Drive and participate in requirements evaluation, design reviews and other team development processes.
- Ensure Eaton stays abreast of new and emerging technologies and materials and using CAD tools to design and evaluate product integrity in order to facilitate rapid deployment.
- Manage the review of product requirements specification based on input from customer OEMs.
- Generate (when necessary) the product requirements specification from the Voice of Customer (VOC) input.
- Follow the product spec, design, and development of new and innovative products.
- Conduct testing of all new products in accordance with Eaton standards and customer requirements.
- Launch new products following a formal stage-gate process.
- Investigate and evaluate new materials and their appropriate use within our product line.
- Review and conduct computer-based FEA & FMEA analysis on new products to ensure their integrity and use the results to modify designs.
- Design for automated production using industrial robotic assembly
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger. QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum seven (7) years new product development in electrical or electromechanical systems
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Tualatin, OR. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Successfully lead employees and/or contractors either co-located or at international locations
- Extensive materials knowledge with emphasis on metal and plastic fabrication: injection molding, tool design, sheet metal forming, over-molding, machining, extrusions, etc.
- Experience with power conversion and power distribution.
- Ability to utilize specialized techniques for development to launch process improvements including development stage gate processes and Design for Six Sigma tools. High level understanding of packaging and mounting issues.
- Desire to mentor others, as well as be a project lead.
- Establishing design rules
- Experience in injection molded plastics design
- GD&T experience
- Experience packaging Printed Circuit Boards
- Stamped busbar and electrical contact system design
- Experience within transportation markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required.
- Experience with 3D CAD tools such as Solid Works, Creo, NX, Unigraphix, CATIA
- Experience with mechanical design analysis using Solid Works Simulation, ANSYS, etc.
- Experience with DFx practices: Manufacturing, Test, Repair, Quality.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.Job: EngineeringRegion: North America - US/Puerto RicoOrganization: VEH EMB eMobilityJob Level: Individual ContributorSchedule: Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: NoDoes this position offer relocation?: NoTravel: Yes, 10 % of the Time