We are looking for Mechanical Engineering Design Lead / Technical Lead for our client in Baltimore, MD
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Design Lead / Technical Lead
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Evaluate existing mechanical systems and products, gather new requirements for different medical devices, drawing out a plan for cost reduction opportunities.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Drafting standards, Selection of standard components (screws, bolts, nuts, stand-offs and etc.).
- Knowledge of converting metal parts into plastics and vice versa.
- New Product Development cycle knowledge and driving cross functions for decisions and approvals.
Design Analysis and re-engineering:
- Carry out Value Analysis and Value Engineering activities on all the medical devices in the category.
- Define the cost reduction opportunities.
- Propose mechanical Concepts & Redesign existing medical device products using Computer Aided Designing (CAD) and suggest improvements to existing mechanical systems through strong understanding and application of engineering fundamentals.
- Review, verify, and evaluate customer needs using knowledge of Systems Engineering process development.
- Redesign the parts, sub system, Design jig and fixtures.
- Perform SHOULD cost analysis of Instruments sub-systems.
- Define and create process documents.
- Prepare Manufacturing Work instructions, plant layout, facility requirement, Define Manufacturing process specifications.
- Conduct design review meetings for the new redesigned mechanical sub systems with instruments subject matter experts.
Verification and Validation Testing of new design:
- Develop verification and validation plan. Define Test instruction and Protocols.
- Analyze design solutions using engineering first principles and advanced engineering methods.
- Solve technical challenges by drawing on a combination of experience, sound judgment, problem solving skills, and advanced engineering methods.
- Execute the verification testing as per the approved verification protocol.
- Produce 3D printed prototypes & perform engineering analysis to confirm system and product functionality.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to evaluate physical properties and life cycle of the mechanical parts/sub systems.
- Perform Pilot production run & evaluate the sub systems.
- Interact with cross-functional teams for problem identification and technical solutions.
Implementation of new design:
- Perform process validation and Implement the redesigned mechanical assemblies & instruments, manufacturing test instructions and procedures in the system for regular production.
- Participate in the change control board meeting to implement new design and work flow.
- Effectively coordinate with other cross functional teams such as Mechanical, Quality, Manufacturing and Procurement throughout the project for the successful completion of the project.
- Perform the impact assessment for the re-engineered design on the existing process, design specification and inventory.
- Discussions with the BD R&D team and Subject Matter Expert's on any issues related to design, development and implementation.
- Update the impacted specifications, drawings, design history files manufacturing instruction documents and test instruction documents.
- Manage the engineering change order for the implementation of new design by using client Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool.
- He will also participate in Weekly offshore-Onsite Status meetings about the progress of the project.
- Auto CAD, Solid Works, Ansys (structural), Six sigma tools, VAVE methodology.