We are looking for Mechanical Engineering Design Lead / Lead Engineer for our client in Baltimore, MD
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Design Lead / Lead Engineer
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Drafting standards, Selection of standard components (screws, bolts, nuts, stand-offs and etc.).
- Knowledge of converting metal parts into plastics and vice versa.
- New Product Development cycle knowledge and driving cross functions for decisions and approvals.
- Plastics & Sheet metal design & development knowledge.
- Perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining and upgrading CAD models.
- Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 3D and 2D CAD tools.
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural Standards.
- Interact with architect and client, as necessary to obtain critical design information necessary to complete project within intended time frame.
- Assist in implementation of CAD engineering applications
- Update and maintain product design files.
- Knowledge on Materials is essential.
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Discussions with the engineers and Subject Matter Expert's on any issues related to design, development and implementation.
- Update the impacted specifications, drawings, design history files manufacturing instruction documents and test instruction documents.
- Manage the engineering change order for the implementation of new design by using client Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool.
- He will also participate in Weekly offshore-Onsite Status meetings about the progress of the project.
- Auto CAD, Solid Works, Creo, Ansys (structural)