SLC works on behalf of clients to support thermal power as well as utility-scale solar, wind, and battery energy storage projects. We evaluate and optimize technical, commercial, environmental, social responsibility, and financial aspects of the projects for a variety of clients. SLC supports domestic and international projects, many of which afford the opportunity to travel to project sites in support of our clients. Responsibilities
In this role, you will provide owner's engineer and independent engineering services to clients, including performing technical evaluations of electric power generation projects and facilities.
Your responsibilities will include project economic and cost analysis, feasibility studies, design reviews, technical and financial due diligence reviews, risk assessments, project development support,.
You will have the opportunity to travel within the United States as well as internationally. Qualifications We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSME from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program with a strong academic background.
- 10 or more years of experience in the electric power industry, including experience in design of the mechanical systems of electric power projects.
- Experience in owner's engineering design reviews of electric power projects
- Excellent technical communication and writing skills are required.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- An MSME and/or MBA is is a plus.
- General understanding of power station operations and performance reviews, is a plus.
- Familiarity with international design codes and standards is preferred.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.