Creation of mechanical design, detailed drawings and BOM's for the existing and new products. Interface with management, manufacturing, sales and service to ensure on time completion within scope and budget, and compliance of quality management system. Assist management with other engineering related activities as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage mechanical design of new products using SolidWorks mechanical design suite. AutoCAD will be required for legacy parts and customer layout drawings.
- Assist management and sales in generating proposals.
- Ability to interpret and write technical specifications related to projects and proposals.
- Ensure designs are compliant to standards as required such as ASME, ANSI and ISO.
- Ensure use of fundamental and advanced engineering principles in development of system designs of automated parts handling and labeling systems for a large variety of products, which include designing parts and assemblies which utilize machined parts made of ferrous and nonferrous metals, plastics and sheet metal with the use of geometrical dimension & tolerance to drawings as required to ensure design intent.
- Assist Project Managers plans and requirements utilizing MS Project tools.
- Interact with Project Managers, sales, and operations to facilitate change management of designs and interpret customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with project specialist and operations personnel.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in machine design OR Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years of experience in machine design.
Experience in label application devices and systems a plus. Strong competence in Solidworks design suite with minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Solidworks PLM vault application.
- Strong understanding of ASME and ANSI standards including:
- ASME Y14.5 Application of GD&T
- Understanding of Tolerance Accumulation Studies or Stacks a plus
- Strong interpersonal and technical communications skills both written and verbal with customers, vendors, and company personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems, and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems a plus.
- Dedicated to quality performance in all aspects of the job.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding business environment.