WSP is currently seeking a motivated individual for Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Buildings group, located at our Ottawa office.
Building system designs includes fire protection, plumbing, medical gas, and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), controls and other specialty building systems.
- Assisting project managers and senior engineers with site investigations, design calculations, the preparation of drawings and specification to tender projects and on-site construction review;
- Primarily in office, with some field work during initial site investigation and follow-up with contractor installation; the position includes dealing with owners for design needs and contractors during construction;
- This position requires working with other professionals, within and outside the office, to deliver successful projects within exceptional quality, budget and schedule results;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A recognized degree in Engineering or Applied Science with a valid P. Eng. license registered with APEGBC;
- Previous experience in the design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for commercial, healthcare, industrial and/or education projects;
- 5 years+ of relevant experience in the design of Building mechanical systems;
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams;
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).