Job Description Keep the internet running and the world working! At kW Mission Critical Engineering, a part of WSP USA, that's exactly what we do.
Simply, data centers are buildings that store information technology. These mission critical facilities must remain operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your role is to design the building infrastructure-power and cooling systems-to make sure that happens.
Be a part of an engineering team where from day one, you will collaborate and add value to every project. Gain invaluable experience not only designing building systems, but through interaction with all internal mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and telecommunication engineers, external design partners like architects and structural engineers, and equipment vendors for the development of specifications. Then, travel to project locations during construction and watch your designs being built for some of the largest companies in the world.
Do you want to work on innovative, award-winning projects, travel and see your designs being built, and enjoy an office environment that's consistently recognized as one of the area's "Best Places to Work"? Then apply today to join our team!kW Mission Critical Engineering is currently initiating a search for a Mechanical Engineer (Senior Consultant, Mechanical Engineer) for our Milwaukee, WI office.
As a Mechanical Engineer with us, you will design complex cooling and HVAC systems including air distribution systems, chiller plants, and alternative energy solutions. The ideal candidate has familiarity with Building Information Modeling using REVIT, has strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in a team or independently, planning and executing engineering tasks within projects
- Demonstrates significant understanding of the range of services provided by the kW MCE engineering teams & related practices.
- Independently, under general supervision, supports the team during proposal design, and construction stages of projects
- Leads the mechanical design of complex projects
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
- Attends client meetings
- Leads and manages a team of entry-level and junior engineers
- Collaborates and coordinates with internal project discipline team members and external vendors and manufacturers
- Communicates complex mechanical engineering concepts and decisions to clients and stakeholders.
- Listens to complex mechanical engineering requirements and integrates into larger facility designs.
- Interacts regularly with clients, which includes maintaining current relationships and developing new relationships
- Leads meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Researches and recommends fundamental components identified in mechanical designs
- Tracks and manages all mechanical disciplines: HVAC, Energy, Controls, Fire Protection, Fire Alarm, Plumbing, Fuel Oil Storage Management / Distribution.
- Designs air distribution, hydronic and automatic temperature controls systems
- Provides oversight of all aspects of mechanical design, review systems, drawings prior to issuance
- Schedules and selects major equipment
- Develops project specifications
- Surveys and evaluates existing conditionss
- Performs construction administration tasks
Job Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with mechanical building systems emphasis
- 5 years of experience in designing mechanical systems for the high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with applicable software packages including AutoCAD, Revit, TraneTrace and Pipeflow
- Knowledge of building, mechanical and energy codes.
- Ability to organize and present design information to project staff
- Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience with the analysis and modeling of interior and exterior Computational Fluid Dynamics of airflow
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience
- Experience with international projects
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.