Job Description See More
Keep the internet running and the world working! At kW Mission Critical Engineering, a part of WSP USA, that's exactly what we do.
Simply, data centers are buildings that store information technology. These mission critical facilities must remain operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your role is to design the building infrastructure-power and cooling systems-to make sure that happens.
Be a part of an engineering team where from day one, you will collaborate and add value to every project. Gain invaluable experience not only designing building systems, but through interaction with all internal mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and telecommunication engineers, external design partners like architects and structural engineers, and equipment vendors for the development of specifications. Then, travel to project locations during construction and watch your designs being built for some of the largest companies in the world.
Do you want to work on innovative, award-winning projects, travel and see your designs being built, and enjoy an office environment that's consistently recognized as one of the area's "Best Places to Work"? Then apply today to join our team!
kW Mission Critical Engineering is currently initiating a search for a Mechanical Engineer (Consultant, Mechanical Engineer) for our Milwaukee, WI office.
As a Mechanical Engineer with us, you will design complex cooling and HVAC systems including air distribution systems, chiller plants, and alternative energy solutions. The ideal candidate has familiarity with Building Information Modeling using REVIT, has strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work under direct supervision of senior engineers and to perform a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard engineering and design techniques to support a variety of kW MCE clients
• Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
• Attend client meetings
• Collaborate and coordinate with internal project discipline team members and external equipment vendors and manufacturers.
• Perform cooling/heating load calculations
• Design air distribution systems
• Design hydronic systems
• Schedule and select major equipment
• Perform construction administrations tasks with oversight from experienced staff
• Survey and evaluate existing conditions with oversight from experienced staff
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with mechanical building systems emphasis
• 3-5 years' of relevant experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to travel to project sites
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and TraneTrace
• Knowledge of building, mechanical and energy codes
• Interest in innovative design, specifically in renewable energies and sustainable, high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
• PE License, or ability to obtain PE is preferable
• Previous building design or construction internship experience preferred.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
Valid through: 9/22/2021