Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support our Facility Engineering division in our Omaha, NE office. This position work in conjunction with the Project Managers, peer engineers, CADD design support, and other disciplines on a variety of new projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engineering design for a variety of industrial and railroad projects.
- Provide off-site support of on-site activities at multiple project locations concurrently
- Provide on-site support, surveillance and assessment of industrial and railroad facilities and projects when required. Approximately 25% travel required.
- Check designs and drawings of work performed by others; i.e. P&IDs, Piping ISOs, Models, and Site Plans
- Develop and implements design plans and monitors work activities to ensure project execution supports compliance with established criteria and specifications
- Resolves technical, design constructability conflicts to enhance the effectiveness of the project
- B.S., or M.S., in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- PE certification highly recommended. If no PE, candidate must have passed the FE Exam and have the ability to obtain PE within one year.
- Microstation experience required. CADD software experience would be a plus.
- Required to have a minimum of 10 plus years of experience in engineering and design knowledge.
- Experience with piping design, system analysis, hydraulic flow modeling, pump sizing, storage tanks, equipment selection, design calculations, material lists, engineering reports, contract documents and drawing review for industrial projects associated with Power Distribution. Rail industry experience is a plus.
- Drug and Background check will be administered.