-5-10 years experience in mechanical design engineering in positions of increasing scope and responsibility
-Only candidates who live within 25 miles of Aurora, IL will be considered
-Must have heavy industrial machinery design experience. A big plus is packaging industry heavy industrial machinery design experience, or designing stamping and/or hydraulic press equipment.
-Experience in the design/engineer of power transmission systems, pneumatics and metal fabrication
-Experience in documenting engineering work and/or creating manuals
-No candidates considered from transportation industry or tools manufacturers. huge mass production companies like John Deere or Caterpillar, or auto industry.
-Strong design and drafting skills using CAD (Solid Works and ACAD proficiency)
-Ability to influence customers, vendors, peers and superiors within a technical arena
-BS Mechanical Engineering
-Current and excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering principles
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good presentation skills
-Strong computer skills: MS Office Suite
-Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
Detailed Job Description:
This position is primarily responsible for processing the critical engineering tasks necessary to complete an engineering project/job. This typically includes all necessary tasks to document and process a complete piece of equipment through engineering including: project assessment (customer requirements), initial arrangement drawings for customer approval, concept design (customization, assembly drawings and general BOM creation), revision control, review and approval of all final drawings and BOM?s, submission of complete shop drawings and BOM?s to manufacturing, and support to manufacturing during the production process. Duties also include sales support and customer technical support.
- Fully document equipment; including design, drafting, component selection/evaluation, bills of material and revision control in accordance with sales proposal and customer specifications always employing sound engineering principles.
- Heads projects with limited supervision, from point of order to shipment. Responsible for drawings, BOM and customer correspondence and phone discussions regarding design matters.
- Prepares and modifies equipment operation manuals and spare part lists as necessary.
- Supports Manufacturing and Quality Control by providing documentation packages, assembly procedures and calibration instructions.
- Supports Field Service by providing technical information necessary to perform commissioning, repairs and calibrations.
- Supports the sales effort of the Company by providing engineering consultation during the development of proposals and quotations.
- As required, accompanies Sales to customer site(s) in order to provide engineering consultation and support during customer presentations.
- Reviews products for cost-effectiveness of design and material selection.
- Supports the Technical Group during product testing and evaluation.
- Aids in Lab testing of new process utilizing modified versions of the Company?s standard product line.
- Helps to design, create and overview engineering information databases, systems and procedures.
- Perform shop inspections of large equipment prior to shipment
- Assist with field service as needed; troubleshooting/repairing equipment
- Minimum BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent