5 - 7 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
WHY WORK AT ZODIAC?
Zodiac, a leading global manufacturer of pool and spa products, strives to create the perfect pool experience to increase comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind. We design and develop some of the world's most innovative solutions for technologically-advanced, energy-efficient and clean swimming pools and spas. Through our best-in-class products, Zodiac is the provider of choice for millions of people worldwide and is an industry leader in pool automation and web-enabling pool products.
Our focus on team development creates an environment of honesty and trust, leading to a shared passion for results. Our company culture is unlike any other? innovative, energetic and ambitious. In addition, internal growth is quite common at Zodiac. We take a great amount of pride in developing our employees and preparing them for the exciting career that lies ahead. We don?t want this to be just another job ? we?re in it for the long run.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
We currently have a full time opening for a talented Mechanical Engineer III in our Vista, California headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Engineer with experience designing and testing consumer products from concept through production. Will work as a key member within an engineering team to develop and improve global consumer products.
- To be a key member in the development of new technologies and products.
- Responsible for designing new products, parts and assemblies using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Analyze part designs using sound engineering principles, FEA software, and prototypes.
- Work with suppliers to ensure project goals are met and to resolve engineering issues that arise.
- Develop and document test plans and engineering changes.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of mechanicalengineeringexperience focusing on new product development of consumer products or equipment.
- Highly proficient mechanical design skills using SolidWorks CAD software is a plus.
- Knowledge of various types of plastics and their use in product designs is a plus.
- Experience in design of hydraulics & pumps a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and as a team leader.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of accomplished projects with increasing responsibilities.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service caf? / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- Generous product discounts
In the pursuit of product excellence, Zodiac takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for results, honesty & trust, user-driven & customer focused, team work, lean thinking, innovate & pursue excellence.
For a deeper dive in to our corporate culture, or visit
Zodiac is headquartered in Vista, CA, which is also home to its largest manufacturing plant and distribution facility. The business?s other facilities are in Salt Lake City, UT (Cover-Pools?), Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (Grand Effects?), Orlando, FL and Ontario, Canada.