The Sr. Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Provides leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering discipline required
- Experienced with performing industry code calculations (ASME, API) required for the certification of new and/or repurposed pressure vessels / reactors, heat exchangers and tanks
- Extensive knowledge of the content, interpretation and use of the following codes: ASME (Sections I, IV, VIII-1, VIII-2) and API (579, 650)
- Familiar with the use of finite element analysis (linear and non linear stress analysis, cycle / fatigue life) or evaluating vessel/tank components.
- PE license
- 10 years experience performing basic engineering analysis and design functions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
(CHI 1847) in